Monday, November 15, 2010

unintentional long weekend

When my husband travels I'm often less inclined to make an impressive meal. I end up skipping a lot of meals myself and just making simple food for the kids. Not great for VeganMofo, but what are you gonna do...he's away a lot this month. But he'll be back for a day and a half, so I made some sushi rice this morning--bento filling for the boys, an afternoon snack for my husband when he returns...and breakfast for me. :-)

Ryan & AJ's lunches: dried apricots for Ryan, raisins for AJ; cold sesame spinach; maki sushi: cucumber, green beans, & avocado; soy sauce; sesame tofu.

Now if you had any doubts about friday's absent sub-par lunches, here they are...

Ryan
& AJ's
lunches:
1/2 Amy's
rice &
bean
burrito;
apricots
for
Ryan,
raisins
for AJ;
soy
cheese
slices;
cucu-
mber
slices;
mini
pump-
kin
muffin;
cold spinach.

5 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

Those look like great lunches to me, especially the bento's.

Anonymous said...

I'd love a lunch like that!

BunzOfCinnamon said...

Always impressive! Even your so-called sub-par lunches!

veganf said...

I guess it's more a sub-par camera situation than sub-par food. What appears bright & cheery in person looks dark & dreary via iPhone. I'm gonna mess with my broken camera tonight and see if I can reanimate it.

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

That sushi looks delicious!