Wednesday, November 17, 2010

in my dreams

It was a good thing I had leftovers ready to go and frozen items prepped in the freezer...this morning was pouring rain and conducive to sleeping and coffee. It stopped by 9am then proceeded to get really windy. But I didn't even glance in the fridge til after 8am to start making lunches...

Luckily I'd made twice-baked potatoes the night before for dinner. The kids loved them, especially the older boys. They'd never had them before, since I hadn't made them in years and years. It wasn't Ryan's heritage research for homework about Ireland that put me in a potato mood, nor the big bag of potatoes sitting in the cabinet, not even the cold windy weather. It was a dream. Over the weekend I woke up from a most delicious dream where I was pulling a big tray full of these yummies out of the oven...

Ryan & AJ's lunches: mini pumpkin muffin; twice-baked potato; red grapes; green beans; clementine on the side.

I didn't try to make these remotely healthy... I just went for completely scrumptious. They've got chives, Daiya mozzarella and Tofutti Sour Supreme in the filling. And they're topped with Daiya cheddar and paprika. So pretty! Even in our poorly lit kitchen at night I just want to bite the screen.

1 comment:

BunzOfCinnamon said...

Those potatoes look great indeed! Making me hungry over here! Oh and I love the spiderweb clementines!