Thursday, July 22, 2010

more meals

Some more food from the end of the school year...
Teddy
Bear
Picnic
day
for
Nate
at pre-
school,
so both
his
snack
and
Ryan's
lunch
were
teddy
bear
themed.
I think
I'm
going
to have
to be
more cautious how "cute" Ryan's lunches are in 2nd grade this fall, since he will be turning 8. He doesn't complain either way, but I have the feeling that plainer lunches will be the norm for him, while I get creative for Maia's preschool meals!
A picnic dinner can save the day when there's no time to cook.Adding greens to hummus, and dark leafy greens to sandwiches, bumps the nutrition up a notch.Nate had a lot of end of the year birthday parties to attend. So I sent imitations of the party foods: chik'n nuggets and cupcakes.
Again, adding greens to something as easy as noodles makes lunch more healthy & colourful:When
it was
Ryan's
turn
to read
the
book
he'd
written
and
illust-
rated
in 1st
grade,
every-
one
was
invited
to an
author's
tea.
Parents
were
asked to bring a snack, so I tried to bring something different from the usual fruit & juice.

No comments: