Tuesday, March 9, 2010

not "X"actly

X is most definitely the hardest letter for food.
Ryan's "X" lunch: xacuti over rice; X tater tots; xigua.

Xacuti is a spicy Indian potato, chicken & onion dish that includes coconut, plenty of hot peppers, cloves & poppyseed paste, in addition to the usual Indian spices. I only gave Ryan a tiny bit because he said he didn't like how it smelled. My husband said (as he blew his dripping nose) that it was very good but VERY spicy, LOL. And I used about 1/6th the recommended hot peppers!

Xigua is Chinese watermelon, usually smaller than the typical melons we see in the US. So I bought one of those mini watermelons which seemed the most similar.

My food from monday:
7:30am- apple slices w/almond butter.
9:30am- small bowl of raisins, almonds & date pieces; a pickle.
12pm- 1 avocado.
2:30pm- a banana.
5pm- bowl of watermelon & cantaloupe chunks.

I
haven't
posted
many
hiking
pics in
awhile,
so...





































My
crazy
husband
in a
tree
















3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I am impressed that you could find any X foods at all! Well done :D

Happy Little Bento said...

Great job with the multicultural x foods! English just won't cut it there :) You are so lucky to have a winter wonderland for exploring!

River - The Crafty Kook said...

You get a gazillion brownie points for this! I am thinking about skipping the letter X or doing something different with it. Maybe I will steal some ideas from you! :D