Saturday, February 20, 2010

I almost forgot!

I was just reminded that I never posted the results of my Cans For Comments food drive! Ack! Where'd my brain go?! Anyhow, here is Maia sitting next to the food that we donated:

The final tally: 16
comments. And I
threw in an extra.
Lots of beans, some
potatoes, green beans,
tomatoes, lentil soup,
spinach, & carrots.


Hopefully these made for some easy chili fixins, soups, curries, casseroles or bean salads for those in need.

My raw meals for the day:
7am- bowl of cantaloupe & grapes.
9am- smoothie: 1 banana, 1/3 cup mango, 1 T. shredded dehydrated coconut, water.
11am- leftover miso soup; a pickle.
1pm- 6 dried apricots; carrot "chips"; guacamole (avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro, lemon juice).
3pm- carrot raisin salad (grated carrot, raisins, raw "mayo").
5:30pm- dish of chopped tomato, yellow bell pepper, garlic, thinly sliced onion, and sprinkle of salt and raw sugar.

I made the "mayo #2" from Juliano's RAW which was supposed to taste more like real mayo than his "Mayo #1". Let's just say I do NOT want to try the first one now, because it was nothing like mayo, I thought it needed some salt, not to mention a little olive oil, and the vegetable and herb combo in it just did not work for me. But I ate it anyway, since I'd already made a salad with it. I ate the leftovers with a spoon. Luckily I had only made a 1/4 recipe! So I'll think I'll be inventing my own raw sandwich spread really soon.

How about some current Maia pictures to finish up the day...












She really loves her
crayons. The wall behind
her chair also sees a lot
of action, ugh.

I think she wanted to
join her brother at a
sleepover...except the
backpack with the
sleeping bag was almost as big as her! And the lightsaber even bigger! Watch out, it's Darth Strawberry!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Woo for donated cans! :D

Maia looks so cute with as Darth Strawberry! :D

Anonymous said...

That's fantastic! I never updated, either, on what I donated. I didn't take any pictures, but I did take $50 to the grocery and bought only food pantry items, nothing for my kitchen, and I gave it all to the food pantry we have at work. :o)