Monday, September 8, 2008

Muffin Tins

I thought I'd give the newly popular muffin tin snack/meal presentation a try with the boys. The portions end up about right for my trio, and if I serve it picnic style or on the kitchen footstool, cleanup is a cinch.

Row 1:
grapes,
pretzels,
peppers,
peanuts.

Row 2:
apples,
veggie
crackers,
cukes,
trail mix
bar.

Row 3: dried apricots, Tings, black olives, cashews.

Row 1:

pretzel
nuggets,
lettuce,
peanut
butter,
oranges.

Row 2:
Triscuits,
pickles,
sunflower
seeds,
raisins.

Row 3: cinnamon pita chips, green beans, edamame, cherry tomatoes.

I wouldn't do this every day, but it's a fun way to mix up the typical daily plate of table food at home. My next challenge will be to fill a 24 sized tart tin each with a different finger food!

Try this novel serving idea next time you're hosting a playdate. It's a great way for little hands to reach a variety of bite-sized foods.

Check out the Muffin Tin Meals Flickr group for more ideas.

3 comments:

Sybil Runs Things said...

I have always loved that idea, but have convinced myself that the girls would just dump the whole shebang right on the floor. DO you have any trouble with that?

veganf said...

Nope, no trouble with dumping here thank goodness. Nate went through a stage where he liked to dump his drinks, but that seems to be over now.
How about if you lay a towel or picnic blanket on the floor, do you think they'd still dump it?

Stephanie said...

This is awesome!! im going to try it. thank you for the inspiration!!