Friday, September 19, 2008

Back to Preschool

This week was soooo busy, especially with preschool starting up again and me getting back to the YMCA for some exercise twice a week.

Monday:

Ryan's Harvest Moon lunch: yellow rice; green grapes; corn with cucumber "husks" propped up with cold spinach; a yellow gel cup; mini whole wheat pita with tofu salad.

Husband's lunch:
mini pumpkin-apple
muffin; green grapes;
flax crackers;
watermelon; pickle;
carrot sticks; mini
whole wheat pitas
with tofu salad.

Tuesday:

Ryan's lunch: rice & bean burrito; salad; cinnamon raisin roll; carrot sticks.











It was Nate's very first day
of preschool. It was only an
hour long the first day, and Dada was the parent helper (it's a cooperative preschool). Snack was brief: organic pretzel sticks and strawberry kiwi 100% juice blend.
AJ's first day back was two hours long. His snack: carrot; cucumber slices; watermelon chunks; cinnamon raisin roll.

Farm
pickup:
kale,
rainbow
chard,
arugula,
corn,
leeks,
potatoes,
tomatoes,
peppers,
celery,
cabbage,
tomatillos,
Delicata
squash,
apples,
peaches,
cherry
tomatoes, jalapenos and red and gold raspberries. Not shown: flowers.

Wednesday:

AJ's snack: onigiri "apple"; cold spinach; apple cinnamon croissant; sesame tofu.
Ryan's lunch was similar, with the addition of tempura squash & broccoli w/ a little container of soy sauce, and some raspberries.













I love it when I can glean breakfast from my lunch preparations. This was the heartiest breakfast I'd had all week: soba noodles, tempura, spinach.
Husband's lunch: cold spinach; cherry tomatoes; tempura; sesame tofu (hidden on the right); soba noodles; apple cinnamon croissant.

People often ask how
I can do so much with
4 kids. I plan ahead a
lot, right down to setting
out the breakfast dishes
and bentos the night
before!


Thursday:

I decided with all the peanut allergies in schools these days that it was time to give sunflower butter a try. I thought it had a funny taste, but I heard no complaints from the boys. I still prefer cashew or almond butter, but it's nice to have this option for preschool which is completely nut-free.

Ryan's lunch: SBJ sandwich flowers; asparagus spears; red bell pepper strips; green beans; vegetable crackers; a Lake Champlain dark chocolate; dried apricots; raspberries.

Nate was too distracted
by fun stuff in preschool
to bother with his snack,
so he ate it later for
lunch: SBJ sandwich
flowers; raspberries;
cherry tomatoes;
vegetable crackers.

There was a class birthday already so I packed him a cupcake too.

AJ's snack: SBJ
sandwich flowers;
vegetable crackers;
green beans; raisins.





Friday:

I'm still learning how to use edible soy wrappers successfully. The smooth side yields a crisper stamped image but curls easily; I'll have to stick to the rougher side in the future.
Ryan's Pirate map lunch: rice; steamed broccoli; Chicken-free nuggets with a container of ketchup for dipping. Not shown: a container of cinnamon applesauce.

I found some missing
tomatoes & peaches
in the shape sorter...
Nate! Later in the day
I found it filled with
apples.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I think that is it hilarious he put food in the shape sorter. That is something Eowyn has done. I've found grapes in the shoes!